General resources from other organisations to help you
Various organisations are willing to offer assistance to businesses impacted by bushfires
- The Australian Tax Office has a dedicated page offering support for impacted areas with lodgement and payment deferral dates. You can also phone them on 1800 806 218
- Banks stand ready to help customers impacted by bushfires. Read this article from the Australian Banking Association
- Financial assistance options are available from the Federal Government including the Disaster Recovery Allowance.
- Beyond Blue support service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support the mental health of people affected by the bushfires on 1300 22 4636.
- Beyond Blue also has free information resources online. Emotional responses after a disaster has information about normal responses to disasters, what’s beyond a normal response and some tips on dealing with the emotional impact of a disaster. More detailed information is available in the booklet Looking after yourself and your family after a disaster
- Assistance can be provided from charities including Lifeline, Australian Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- State support is available for NSW, QLD, VIC and TAS communities affected by the bushfires.
- Centrelink Support for those who have lost income as a direct result of the bushfires
- Spend With Them – Encourages customers to purchase from businesses in towns that have been fire impacted. To become part of Spend With Them go to this page.
- The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has published a website to assist all businesses in Australia affected by the 2019-2020 bushfires. Access this information portal here.